As a Systems Engineer I at MesoScale Diagnostics, I have worked on every part of an instrument's life cycle. From prototype systems under development to implementing improvements to instruments in the field.
- Contributed to Product Requirements Documents (PRD), Systems Design Specifications (SyDS), Verification Plans and Reports (MDVPR and DVPR), Validation Plans and Reports (MDVALPR and VALPR), etc.
- Utilized OGP, laser cutter, and other available equipment
- Developed Python tool kit for development testing of prototype MSD instruments with OpenCV image analysis capabilities
- Participated in design reviews
- Worked with suppliers to evaluate OEM products
- Designed parts in SolidWorks to address critical issues
- Closed an open Corrective And Preventative Action (CAPA). Completed root cause analysis including injection mold analysis; designed and prototyped solutions; then led verification and validation testing in collaboration with multiple departments within a 6 month time period
- Conducted market research and presented visualization of results
- Aided in legal analysis and in generating a freedom to operate (FTO) opinion
- Spearheaded weekly dashboarding of critical plate and instrument manufacturing data using Python, R, and D3.js. Key deliverables are quantification of manufacturing downtime and identification of issue with first article cameras
- Field service: Developed python applet to assist Field Service Engineers when verifying the instrument configuration
- Field service: developed an interactive Shiny application in R to parse field service tickets previously stored in Excel
- Consumables Manufacturing: developed python applications that can track metrics over time by scraping assembly reports from at least three internal sources. For visualization, developed an interactive D3 web application